Home » , » Vyjayanthimala is my role model - Actress Hema Malini

Vyjayanthimala is my role model - Actress Hema Malini

Mallu Surf
Actress Hema Malini said Vyjayanthimala happens to be a 'role model' and like an 'elder sister' in order to her. The legendary actress who turned 75 Aug 13 was felicitated in a programme held Sunday night.

'I am grateful to get a chance to felicitate Vyjayanthimalaji. She was one of the most gifted actress of her time. At the same time she also garnered huge respect like a classical singer. She has always been my role design. After I entered the industry, I tried many times to felicitate her but I didn't get a chance, ' Hema Malini told reporters Sunday night at the actual Swatanta Veer Smarak auditorium here, where Vyjayanthimala was felicitated.

'I am thankful to finally understand this opportunity. She is like my elder sister. We keep meeting in social functions and today she has become very close to my family, a she said.

Vyjayanthimala's brother Deepak Kanegaonkar and his spouse Sulekha had organised the programme to honour her.

Vyjayanthimala, that stays in Triplicane in Chennai, said: 'I am happy to see such a function in my honour. This became possible because my buddy Deepak and his wife Sulekha called me to attend this function with plenty of love. I am here to show my gratitude as well as accept the honour. '

'I had come from South India to work in the Bombay film industry and contains given me everything. It has given me name, fame and most importantly respect. I got the opportunity to work with the very best directors like Bimal Roy, Hrishikesh Mukherjee and actors such as Dilip sahab, Dev Anand, Raj Kapoor, ' said the actual actress who featured in films like 'Sangam', 'Devdas', 'Leader', 'Madhumati' as well as 'Jewel Thief'.

Vyjayanthimala made her debut in Hindi films with 'Bahar' in 1951.

On Sunday, singer Sanjeevani Bhelande enthralled the audience by crooning a few of the tracks from Vyjayanthimala's films.

Former Maharashtra chief minister Manohar Joshi additionally attended the function.
Share this article :

0 comments:

 
Copyright © 2012. Tollywood, Tollywood Actress, Tollywood Movies - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger